Hope Lutheran Church Started as a Mission Congregation
Hope Lutheran started as a mission congregation in 1958 with a church on the north side of Fargo. Through the years we began to outgrow this facility. Based on this trend and seeing a lot of growth on the south side of Fargo, we added a new worship opportunity in a school on the south side of Fargo in the fall of 1992. This new gathering experienced rapid growth and by 1995 we were averaging nearly 500 people every Sunday. With solid support and continued growth of our core membership attending our North Campus, we celebrated the opening of our South Campus on Christmas Eve, 1995.
We emphasize our unity between the two campuses by serving one congregation at two locations. Even though we have two campuses, we are served by the same staff, led by one leadership team and work together in all ministries as one congregation.
Hope Lutheran Church worships, on average, 2,600 people per week between North and South Campus.